Today, more and more amusing applications and games are released exclusively for smartphones. However, not all users are comfortable playing on the phone because of the controls, or maybe their phone is too slow. BlueStacks could be a great solution. This program allows you to use any Android application on your PC. You can now play your favorite games with a keyboard and mouse, and you don’t have to worry about the battery charge.
Latest version features
The most current features and improvements are represented now in BlueStacks 4. If you want to experience all the benefits of the program, then be sure to download the latest BlueStacks release.
Features and capabilities
Now let’s move to specifics. What are the most prominent and useful functions of this program, exactly? Here’s what it can do:
- download new games and other apps from the Google Play Store;
- launch any mobile applications in widescreen mode;
- sync your computer with a smartphone and create backups;
- transfer large files to a virtual SD card;
- install .apk files downloaded from third-party sources;
- edit system files and settings;
- connect to BlueStacks TV, where you can join online games, actively participate in conversations with other gamers, and share news on social networks.
Thus, BlueStacks can do everything that your phone can and even more. On top of that, BlueStacks 4 already has several most popular applications pre-installed.
The BlueStacks App Player is powered by the efficient Hyper-G graphics engine, which replicates the Android looks and functionality as close as possible. Therefore, you’ll feel just as comfortable working in BlueStacks as if you were working on your phone.
Now more about the BlueStacks appearance. After downloading and installing the program, you will see the home screen of the emulator with two control panels and the desktop in the middle. It resembles a usual browser window, where each application opens in a new tab. In the upper part of the screen, the following buttons are present:
- personal account (little man icon);
- minimize the emulator (underscore);
- maximize the window (square);
- close the program (cross).
The basic buttons are located in the sidebar. Here you can change the program settings, resize the screen, enable chat with other users, turn up the volume, or download third-party applications. Additional functions include the following set of items:
- turn on live broadcast or search for video;
- flip or shake the screen;
- take a screenshot;
- set location;
- exchange files with Windows;
- copy & paste;
Under the gear icon (Settings), notice the Preferences tab. Here you can backup your data and also return to the default settings.
The central part of the screen is filled with the installed applications. You can place them in any order. Click on the Google Play icon to search and download new apps. To do so, you’ll need to log in to your Google account. You can use the same account as on your smartphone if you set up synchronization between your phone and computer.
To install the latest version of BlueStacks on your computer and make full use of Android applications, you need to download the software package first. On our website you can download the BlueStacks installation file for free and without registration. Just click on the “Download BlueStacks” button below, save and open the installation file. In a matter of minutes you will be able to use the latest version of BlueStacks on your computer.
for macOS Big Sur
But first of all, check the system requirements and see if your PC meets them. Compliance with the technical requirements allows the emulator to work properly without freezes and errors. Since the latest version of BlueStacks is compatible not only with Windows PC, but also with Mac, the requirements differ for each platform.
System requirements for Windows:
- operating system: Windows 7 or later, either 32 or 64-bit;
- CPU: Intel or AMD with virtualization technology;
- 5 GB of free disk space;
- 2 GB RAM;
- current video drivers.
For Mac the recommended system requirements are as follows:
- operating system: macOS Sierra or later;
- 5 GB of free disk space;
- 4 GB RAM;
- administrator rights;
- the latest version of video drivers.
A stable Internet connection is required both for Mac and PC. Also you’ll need to authorize in Google.
As you can see, the latest version of the BlueStacks App Player is quite demanding and does not fit for old or weak devices at all. If your machine is rather powerful and you want to use its performance to the fullest, then go to the “Settings” section, select “System” and adjust the amount of allocated RAM, as well as the number of cores involved.
Installation and the first launch
If your computer meets the system requirements, and you have already downloaded the installation file from our website, then you can proceed to the installation. The installation process for BlueStacks is as follows:
- Run the installation file by double-clicking “BlueStacks.exe”.
- Read the license agreement when it appears on the screen, agree to its terms, then click “Next”.
- Verify the installation path. You can change it by clicking on the three dots button or leave it as default. When you’re done click on the “Next” button.
- At this stage you need to choose the additional components. Tick the checkboxes against “Access to the application store” and “Application communications”, and then click “Install”.
- Now you just have to wait a few minutes until the installation is complete. The corresponding notification will appear on the screen.
When the program is installed, you can launch it immediately without rebooting the system. First thing, you need to sign in to your Google account. In case you don’t have one, sign up with Google, or else won’t be able to use the Google Play Store.
To launch applications, simply click them with the mouse; they will display each in its own tab. You can run several games, messengers or other apps at the same time and switch between them on the fly.